A remodeling project is an investment that takes careful research and consideration. After all, you are making a decision on whom to trust with bringing your vision to life and hiring a team that will be working in your home for weeks and many times, months. That’s why we recommend getting to know as much as you can about your remodeler before you hire them. We’ve created a list of opportunities that would allow you to learn about a remodeler’s process, meet their team, see finished projects, and read honest reviews from past clients.
1. Attend a local home remodeling show. When you are just starting to think about remodeling your home, this is a great place to start. At a show you can meet many local firms, ask questions, and gather information. During your time with each firm, find out how long they have been in business, if they work in your neighborhood, and ask to see examples of their work. Many companies will have several representatives on-site and you may be able to meet with an owner or designer, who can talk to you about the company’s process and remodeling philosophies.
2. Tour a remodeled home. The best way to see a remodeling firm’s craftsmanship is to tour a finished remodeling project. During a home tour you will be able to meet team members who were involved in the project, see before photos and project plans, and ask questions about your own project. We offer many opportunities for potential clients to do this at our free Featured Home Events throughout the year and attendees get to meet the homeowners who offer valuable insight into their remodeling experience with SDB from start to finish.
3. Attend a free remodeling seminar. If you are looking to learn more about a specific subject in a small group setting, we recommend a free remodeling seminar. Typically these are offered on popular topics such as current design trends, space planning, or aging in place. When you see these offered, we encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to hear from accredited designers and production leaders. You can see what Schroeder Design/Build has planned next here.
4. Read client reviews. Hear what past clients have to say about their experience by reading reviews online. There are many sources available, but we recommend starting with Houzz, Google, Better Business Bureau, and the remodeler’s own website.
5. Visit their website. Gain a deeper understanding of the remodeler’s process, view their work, and meet their team by visiting their website. Most remodelers will feature a gallery page where you can see samples of a variety of different projects. Be sure to take a look and find inspiration for your own project.
6. Follow their social media pages. For up-to-date information on events, photos of recent projects, and a peek into a company’s culture, follow their Facebook and Twitter pages. We also recommend you visit Houzz for an in-depth look at the projects that a remodeler has completed.
Schroeder Design/Build understands that remodeling is a long-term investment, which is why we provide many opportunities for you to get to know us better before you make that decision. We invite you to visit us at home shows and to attend as many Featured Home Tours and Educational Seminars as you can to see our quality work and learn from and meet our talented team of professionals.